Research Steering Committee
Research Section Minutes
Research Section Report
- NCHRP Projects—List of all NCHRP projects, completed or underway.
- NCHRP 20-7 Program—Web site for submitting research needs statements. For a list of current 20-7 projects, see above.
- NCHRP 20-5, Synthesis Research Program
- SHRP 2—The Strategic Highway Research Program 2 (SHRP 2) was established in 2006 to investigate the underlying causes of highway crashes and congestion in focused research in four focus areas: safety, renewal, reliability, and capacity.
- Construction Research Needs Report (NCHRP 10-58, 2001)—This study developed a research program for the AASHTO Subcommittee on Construction to identify and prioritize opportunities for improving construction engineering and management of transportation projects.
- TRB Committee-Developed Research Needs Statements:
Browse by TRB Committee—Note: The Construction Section’s code is AFHxx, but other sections may have developed proposals of interest.
- Construction Management, AFH10
- Management of Quality Assurance, AFH20
- Emerging Technology for Design and Construction, AFH30
- Task Force on Accelerating Innovation in the Highway Industry, AFH35T
- Construction of Bridges and Structures, AFH40
- Portland Cement Concrete Pavement Construction, AFH50
- Flexible Pavement Construction and Rehabilitation, AFH60
- Fabrication and Inspection of Metal Structures, AFH70
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE), AFH80
- Asphalt Pavement Roadmap—The National Asphalt Roadmap presents a shared vision for research and technology in the field of asphalt pavement and material technologies. This was a combined effort of the National Asphalt Pavement Association; FHWA; AASHTO; the National Stone, Sand, and Gravel Association; and the Asphalt Institute.
- Concrete Pavement Roadmap—The Concrete Pavement Road Map is a comprehensive and strategic national research plan for concrete pavement research developed by FHWA and the concrete pavement industry.
- Preservation Research Roadmap—The Transportation System Preservation Research, Development, and Implementation Roadmap was developed by FHWA in partnership with AASHTO and the preservation industry to delineate the most critical knowledge gaps in pavement and bridge preservation and the research which is necessary to fill those gaps.